2011年2月10日

Inspirations and Affections 2 - Mucha

As promised , today I am going to talk about another artist which I
appreciates and brought me influences.

He is Alphonse Maria Mucha (1860-1939).
Usually Known as Mucha.
He is a Czech artist, one of the artists that best represent Art Nouveau style.
I was lucky enough to came across his masterpeices during my trip to Barcelona,
I have seen his works a thousand times in books but not very impressed until I saw the real ones.
His delicate brush strokes and the arrangements of flowers and plants in the background inspires me a  lot.
The drapery dress worn by the women made every single one of them like a Greek Goddess.
Again, in his paintings, the colour tone is always warm and pastel,
books and internet images always have the problem of colour difference,
The colour goes harmoically with the canvas in his masterpieces.



Reverie (1897)
Retrived from Art Renewal Center(artrenewal.org)


The foilage, the flower arrangements, the tender smile...very pretty is it?
His paintings are rather 'flat' when compared to other artists,
very poster like, ofcourse, they are intially used as posters back at that time.
He had even draw advertistments for Moët & Chandon, yes, the well known champagne house.
Including the Moët & Chandon White Star and Dry Imperial.

Moët & Chandon: Chamoagne White Star (1899)
Although I don't drink at all, I would love to purchase this back in his times....

And he always draw Lilies in his paintings,which made me love them even more,
due to the fact that Lilian is dereived from Lily and is the symbol of innocence, beauty and purity...
names often have beautiful meanings,
and it is up to us to lift ourself to those expectations.

Spring of 'The Seasons' ( 1896)

沒有留言:

發佈留言