2011年1月9日

Girl and Lace

Drawn on Jan 9, 2011


I encountered some computer problem and it cost me whole day long to
fix it, this drawing supposed to be kind of simple when compared with my others,
though I spend whole day on it.

This time I used a colour pencil approach to draw it,
the 'noise' made by the touch of colour pencil on paper are always delicate instead of disturbing.

The Lace is from a book I brought back in Hokkaido,
it included many types of different lace in eps format, which are very useful
for designers.
For lace, I always admired how bobbin lace are made,
they are pure hand creations, it is hard to imagine those fine lines are all connected by pure hands.
Although most of the lace in the market are made of low quality polyester or nylon,
and of course, made from machines instead of hands.
Still, I admire the little mistakes or defects caused by human mistakes.

1 則留言: