2011年1月23日

Inspirations and Affections 1

My dad used to buy a lot of art books for me to read,
I was comparatively tranquil when I was just a little girl,
so I spend most of my time reading and drawing.
There are a few artist that I 've been loving since the first time I came across their masterpiece.

The first one is French Impressionist Pierre Auguste Renoir, usually we call him Renoir.
Up Till now I can still recall that in one of my dreams, when I was like 6 or 7,
I dreamt about a girl with long and curly red hair,
profile, wearing a blue satin dress and a blue ribbon on her hair.
When I flip though the books that my dad brought me,
I found this.


Irene Cahen d'Anvers(1880)

I was shocked at that moment and I have a feeling that it definitely meant something to me.
So I began to read about the life and Renoir's works,
the theme of his works are always about women,
the use of colour are often pastel and soft,
with his signature rounded brush stroke,
women were expressed in absolute beauty :
The rosy cheeks, innocent facial expression, well-rounded body figure,
the play with light and shadows like bokeh ....
all so inspiring.

I was convinced that women should be sweet natured, peaceful and claim
to achieve the moral standard that leads to that absolute prettiness.

沒有留言:

發佈留言